Terms and Conditions:
CODE OF CONDUCT
Karate training is the development of spirit and character of a person; a student of Karate should develop patience and humility.
Smoking, chewing gum, obscene language, intimidating behavior WILL NOT be tolerated by this Academy or it’s instructors
Karate is an art of self-defence and should not be used indiscriminately. Provocation is not an excuse to use Karate. It should only be used as a defence against physical attack and even under such circumstances it should be used with restraint and without malice.
Karate is not for show and should not be trained with the intention of showing-off. It should only be exhibited for competition, education, charitable purposes and with approval of Traditional Karate Academy.
Karate students should develop good manners and respect to The Academy their elders, instructors and peers at all times, inside and out side The Academy
Students involved in criminal behaviour or bad character will not be permitted to continue training with Traditional Karate Academy.
Students who use Karate to bully or for brawls, will be expelled from Traditional Karate Academy.
The Academy reserves the right to terminate the membership of any members whose behavior is deemed to be contrary to the benefit or beliefs of the Academy. Any such termination may be effected without refund.
DOJO PARTICIPATION CONDITIONS:
- In these conditions: the “Association “ shall mean and include the Traditional Karate Academy, It’s Officers, Instructors or Agents. “Trainee” shall mean any person receiving tuition. “Opponent” shall mean any person training / competing against another trainee or the competitor.
- In consideration of the Association accepting my application for tuition or to compete in any tournament and in further consideration of my opponent competing against me, I hereby agree to abide by the conditions of my entry, the rules by-laws and regulations of the Association.
- The Association enters into these contracts as the Association and as agents for the competitors’.
- I acknowledge and agree that my participation carries a real risk of personal injury.
- I acknowledge and agree that the Association shall not be liable whether in tort or contract or otherwise for any loss or damage or injury whatsoever to my person or property whilst participating in or otherwise attending at the tournaments, howsoever caused or including without limiting the forgoing, the negligence, breach of contract, wilful act or as default of the Association and whether or not such loss or damage or injury to me occurs within or adjacent to any property occupied by the Association.
- I authorise the Association to contract on my behalf to exclude my liability as an opponent whether such arises in tort or contract or otherwise for any loss or damage or injury to another competitor howsoever caused or occurring including but without limiting the foregoing, the negligence, breach of contract, wilful act or default of myself.
- The Association shall not be responsible for any accidents or injuries or any loss or damage of the trainee / competitor which may occur before, during or after training which they join at their own risk in any Association related activity.
- I expressly agree to and do hereby waive any rights that I may have which are in any inconsistent with the foregoing.
Terms and Conditions: Website
- Use of Website on these Conditions
- If you do not agree to these conditions cease use of the Site immediately. You may print and keep a copy of these terms. They are a legal agreement between us and can only be modified with our consent.
- We reserve the right to change the terms at our discretion by changing them on the website.
- Accuracy of Information and Disclaimer
- Traditional Karate Academy ('we') do our best to ensure all information on the Site is accurate. If you find any inaccurate information on the Site let us know and we will correct it, where we agree, as soon as practicable.
- You should ensure the information you send to us is accurate and does not breach anyone else's rights such as copyright or is libellous, obscene, menacing, threatening, offensive, abusive, fraudulent, criminal or infringes the rights of other people or it is in any way illegal. Remember that the Site can be viewed around the world and the information you send to us will be published on the Site.
You should independently verify any information before relying upon it.
- We make no representations that information is accurate and up to date or complete and accept no liability for any loss or damage caused by inaccurate information. This Site gives a large amount of statistical data and there will inevitably be errors in it.
- Although we hope this Site will be of interest to users, we accept no liability and offer no warranties in relation to it and its content, to the fullest extent such liability can be excluded by law.
- Any views expressed in messages on the Site are not necessarily those of Traditional karate academy or anyone connected with it.
- Copyright, License and Ownership
- The Site contains copyright material, trade names and other proprietary information, including, but not limited to, text, software, photos, graphics and may in future include video, graphics, music and sound. The entire contents of the Site are protected by copyright law.
- We, or our licensors, own copyright and/or database right in the selection, coordination, arrangement and enhancement of such content, as well as in the content original to it.
- No material on this website may be reproduced, adapted, uploaded to a third party, linked to, framed, performed in public, distributed or transmitted in any form by any process without the specific written consent of Traditional Karate Academy.
- Traditional Karate Academy, and all custom graphics, icons, and other items that appear on the website and all associated trademarks, are trademarks of Traditional Karate Academy. In the event of any permitted copying, redistribution or publication of copyright material, no changes in or deletion of author attribution, trademark legend or copyright notice shall be made.
- You acknowledge that you do not acquire any ownership rights by downloading copyright material. Traditional Karate Academy and www.tkado.com.au and our logos on this site are trade names of Traditional Karate Academy. You may not use those names without our consent.
- We provide hypertext links to other sites are operated by other people. Using such a link means you are leaving our Site and we take no responsibility for, and give no warranties, guarantees or representations in respect of linked sites.
- Modifications to the Terms
- Modifications to the information
Traditional Karate Academy does not warrant the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of material on this website. All information may be changed, supplemented, deleted or updated without notice at the sole discretion of Traditional Karate Academy.
- Errors and problems
Traditional Karate Academy does not guarantee that the website will be free from viruses, or that access to the website will be uninterrupted.
- Feedback, suggestions, comments or requests
Traditional Karate Academy does encourage you to make feedback, suggestions, comments or requests (“comments”) and these comments may be made to [email protected] and if you do make comments, you acknowledge that: they will not be considered confidential or proprietary, and Traditional Karate Academy is under no obligation to keep such information confidential, and Traditional Karate Academy will have an unrestricted, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free right to use, communicate, reproduce, publish, display, distribute and exploit such comments in any manner it chooses.
- Limitation of Liability
In no event shall Traditional Karate Academy, be liable for any incidental, indirect, exemplary, punitive and/or consequential damages, lost profits, or damages resulting from lost data or business interruption resulting from the use of or inability to use the website.
- You must not use this website in any way that causes, or may cause, damage to the website or impairment of the availability or accessibility of the website; or in any way which is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity.
- All fees are exclusive of all taxes, levies, or duties imposed by taxing authorities, and the customer is responsible for payments of all such taxes, levies, or duties.
- Traditional Karate Academy reserves the right to refuse/cancel a subscription to tkado.com.au.
- If Traditional Karate Academy refuses a new or renewing subscription/membership, registrants will be offered a refund on pro-rata basis of pending days in subscription plan bought with any additional cancellation charges.
- Refunds will not be provided for any cancelled subscription. We do not provide credit, refunds, or prorated billing for memberships that are cancelled mid-month or midyear. In such circumstances, you will continue to have access to your subscription until the end of the monthly billing cycle.
- Traditional Karate Academy reserves the right to offer refunds, discounts or other consideration in select circumstances at its sole discretion. Please note that each circumstance is unique and election to make such an offer in one instance does not create the obligation to do so in another.
- Direct debit
- You can cancel your direct debit authorisation for future transactions at any time by removing the Account from the PayPal system through the "Profile" tab available after logging in at the PayPal website. However, you acknowledge that removing the Account from the PayPal system does not cancel pending transactions that you have already initiated and authorised.
- You acknowledge that revocation of the direct debit authorisation does not terminate any contract for services that exists between PayPal and you. The Authorisation applies only to the method of payment and does not otherwise have any bearing on the contract for services exchanged.
- We will give you at least 14 days notice of any changes to the terms of the debit
- Recurring Payment
- A Recurring Payment is a payment in which you (as a buyer or a sender of funds) provide an advance authorisation to a third party (such as a merchant or eBay) for a third party initiated payment, that is a charge to your PayPal account or credit or debit card where you do not have a PayPal account (“Nominated Payment Source”) directly on a one-time, regular, or sporadic basis. Recurring Payments are sometimes called “Subscriptions”, “Automatic Payments”, “Preapproved Payments” or “Future Payments”. By providing an advanced authorisation for a third party initiated payment, you are giving the third party the ability to collect or reverse variable payment amounts from your Nominated Payment Source until such time as this arrangement is cancelled.
- Billing Agreement
- When you establish a Recurring Payment with a merchant, you are also entering into a Billing Agreement with PayPal. By entering into a Billing Agreement you are authorising PayPal to allow the merchant to charge your Nominated Payment Source directly. PayPal facilitates the transaction between you and the merchant, but does not enforce contractual obligations for payment by you or for delivery of goods or services by the merchant.
- Automatic Billing
The Automatic Billing functionality allows you, the merchant, to automatically charge your customers’ Nominated Payment Source on a regular basis in an amount which you and your customer have previously agreed. The payment you receive is called an “Automatic Payment”. If you use Automatic Billing or Recurring Payments, you must follow these requirements:
i. Express Consent. You must receive your customer’s express consent for the amount, frequency, and duration of the Automatic Payment.
ii. Required Cancellation Procedures for Automatic Payments. You must provide the customer with the ability to cancel an Automatic Payment within three working days of the scheduled date of the Automatic Payment. In addition, if the customer signed up for the Automatic Payment through an online method, you must provide a simple and easily accessible online cancellation procedure. If your customer cancels the Automatic Payment, you may not charge for the Automatic Payment.