Carrying on the family traditional commenced his Karate journey in 1998, at the young age of 5 he began practicing Shito Ryu Karate and Kobudo under Master Hayashi. Senpai Manny was also one of the students present at the establishment of Traditional Karate Academy in 2002 under the guidance of Sensei Maurice Matteucci.
Senpai Manny achieved the rank of Black Belt Shodan in 2008.
As with his siblings, Senpai Manny has always had a strong interest in both Traditional and Competition Karate. He became a member of the Western Australian State Karate Squad from 2005- 2014. Since 2002 he has won medals representing TKA and Australia in local, regional, national and international Championships. Among his many competitive achievements were the following placings:
- Australian Karate Nationals 2004 – 2014 – won medals in multiple disciplines – individual Kata, Team kata, weapons Kata & Kumite and Team Kumite events
- Multiple Local & state champion between 2004 -2016 in multiple disciplines – individual Kata, Team kata, weapons Kata & Kumite.
- Represented Australia and TKA in Singapore, 20th Shitokai Asia Pacific Championships (1st Men’s Senior Team Kata, 2nd Individual Kata, 4th Kumite)
- Represented Australia and TKA in Japan (Tokyo), 2013 Shitokai World Championships
- Represented Australia and TKA in Hong Kong – 2012 Shitokai
- Represented Australian National Squad in Montreal, Canada, 2013 7th Commonwealth karate championships
Taking a break from Competition, Senpai Manny now continues to coach alongside Sensei Maurice Matteucci at the TKA headquarters in Coogee and is currently working towards attaining his Blackbelt Nidan in the near future.