Senpai Josh started his karate journey in 2003 when he was 10 years old with Sensei Maurice at Traditional Karate Academy in Coogee and in 2011 at the age of 18 achieved the rank of Shodan.
Joshua has competed in multiple tournaments winning Bronze medals in Singapore and multiple gold and silver medals in Australian national tournaments over the years.
- Gold medal in the Novice men kata division at the Open Karate Championship in Caloundra Queensland (April 2011).
- Gold and bronze medal in the team kata and kumite division at the National Karate Championship in Melbourne (August 2011)
- Club Fairest and Best December 2011
- Multiple Local & state champion between 2004 -2016 in multiple disciplines – individual Kata, Team kata & Kumite.
- Represented Australia and TKA in Singapore, 20th Shitokai Asia Pacific Championships (1st Men’s Senior Team Kata, 4th Kumite)
- Represented Australia and TKA in Japan (Tokyo), 2013 Shitokai World Championships
- Represented Australia and TKA in Hong Kong – 2012 Shitokai
In the future, he hopes to continue teaching and developing his own skills and to achieve higher Dan rankings.